(approx. 150,000/- INR)
Journey to Masai Mara National Reserve:
Upon pickup from the airport, we drive across the floor of Great Rif Valley (a brief stop-over to click the picturesque view of the vast Great Rift Valley). Have your lunch on the way and continue your quest towards Masai Mara. On the way to the camp, you will be greeted by vast savannas and African wildlife. Several zebras, wild beasts and number of gazelles will be ready to welcome you. If the luck favors then we may see spotted hyenas and even lions too! We reach to the camp and retire after a sumptuous dinner.
Our camp is located in the middle of the Masai Mara, so don’t be surprised if you hear lions roaring in the night!!
The breath-taking topography of the region, comprising of endless expansive escarpment and plateaus will be interesting. The park is home to largest population of predators including the big cats. Witnessing them making a kill is phenomenal.
Enjoy the full day drive in the savanna and return to the camp for dinner and a good night sleep.
This is the greatest show on earth, where millions of wild beast try to cross the crocodile infested river to reach out to the lunch grass on other side.
Be patient like a crock and you may see a crock hunting too!! Simultaneously we look for the opportunities to complete the BIG FIVE series.
By end of the day return to the camp with happy faces and full memory cards.
Day 4, Day 5 and Day 6
For the next three days we would continue to explore the great African wilderness to look for the mighty African elephants, the fastest hunter Cheetah, cunning Leopard and the huge Cape Buffalos. Rhino spotting is game of chance but not impossible.
While searching for these biggies, you will also enjoy other wildlife such as Serval cat, Hyenas, Thompson Gazelles, Topi Gazelles, and Grant’s Gazelles. Impalas, the illusive Elands, Water bucks etc., herbivorous.
Mara is not only for animals, several hundred species of birds including ostrich, secretory birds, vultures, raptors, grassland birds etc. are also in ample numbers.
After breakfast, we will visit the Masai Village to learn how the Masai tribes have been living in such savannah. We will dance along with the Masai people to the tune of their cultural music and try our luck in High Jumps!
You will also get time to shop the Masai souvenirs in the small shops managed by them.
After this we start our return journey to Nairobi. The lunch will be en-route. We plan to reach the Nairobi airport by 5 pm to beat the Nairobi city traffic and take return flight arrive next day early morning at Mumbai International Airport.
Here we say bye to each other with a promise to meet again on our next adventure.
- Pickup and Drop at the JKIA airport, Nairobi
- Five full-day drives by 4*4 Landcruiser (openable top for ease of photography)
- Stay for 6 nights in Masai Mara
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner for all the days while on tour
- All park entry fees
- Expert guides and drivers who understand the nuances of photography with abundant wildlife knowledge and tracking skills
- Only four participants in a six-seater land cruiser with assured window seat
- Unlimited supply of water bottle during the game drives
- Visit Masai Village (50 USD per person)
- Guidance during the photography sessions
- International air tickets (Mumbai-Nairobi- Mumbai)
- Visa fees
- Yellow fever vaccination
- Drinks (anywhere on the tour)
- Tips (Typically 120 USD per person)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, water bottles, cold drinks etc.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions.Please Note: Consuming and carrying alcoholic beverages on any of our tours is strictly prohibited.
- 50% refund if canceled before 90 days of travel.
- No refund if canceled after above mentioned days
Please Note: During camp, strictly follow the instructions of the camp leader, guide, and the organizing staff.
- Clothing related items:- Light colored clothes (preferably t-shirts, pants, tracksuits, salwar kameez etc), cap, scarf, handkerchiefs, socks, towel, bedsheet.
- Medically related items:- Band-Aid strips, washing and bathing soap, personal medicines prescribed by doctors.
- Personal Hygiene:- Toothbrush, toothpaste, toiletries, hair cream, comb, napkins.
- Others:- Torch (with an extra pair of batteries), water bottle, sunglasses, camera.
- The meeting point for the entire group would be Nairobi airport. As a very small group would be traveling together, the tickets can be booked together with flights arriving around the same time.
- Although we always try to stick to the itinerary mentioned above, the game drives and the location of the game drives depend on the animal movement. We always try to give our guests the best of the wildlife sightings and hence the trip leader in consultation with the local guide can change or modify the day’s plan for better wildlife sighting.
- The complete itinerary can be customized per requirement which can include increase/decrease number of days, locations etc. Please contact us for customization and attractive prices.
- To make most of the itinerary above we recommend the Ethiopian Airlines flight flying out of Mumbai at 5:35 am and departing from Nairobi at 19:15 in the evening.
- The five full day game drives ask for general fitness and patience to travel in the savannah for the entire day.
- It is advised to inform us about any specific medical conditions. This will help in providing extra attention towards you during the entire journey.
- There will be a half-day session in Nemophilist office about a month before your travel, where our experts will try to help your queries regarding weather, luggage, cameras to carry, clothing and other things to carry for your trip.