Birdwatching in Abloli
28th Jun – 30th Jun, 2019
12,500 INR per head
(Includes accomodation for 2 nights)
We start from Pune at around 5:30 a.m. We drive and reach Abloli early morning around 10 a.m. Check into our accomodation have a quick breakfast and start off with the birding.
We sit on the setup for the ODKF where we get to observe and photograph the marvelous bird.
Once the ODKF is done we come back to lunch and have a wonderful home made konkani style lunch.
In the late afternoon we venture out into the Jungle for a birding trail. We hope to spot Crimson-backed Sunbird, Purple Sunbird, Loten’s Sunbird, Little Spider hunter, Jungle babblers, Orange headed thrush, Heart spotted woodpecker, White bellied woodpecker. We also hope to get the glimpse of the most elusive Malabar Trogan.
We will return back to our resort in the evening and have snacks. Share our jungle experiences and jungle stories over a cup of hot tea.
Have dinner at night and retire for bed.
Wakeup call at 6 AM. Get up and get ready for birding in the Timber yard region which is very famour for Hornbills.
It is considered to be one of the best locations for birding in Dandeli. We will be looking for rare beauties like Grey-fronted Green Pigeon, Malabar Grey Hornbill, Velvet-fronted Nuthatch, White-rumped Shama, Asian Fairy Bluebird, Orange Minivet, White-bellied Blue Flycatcher, Black-throated Munia, Malabar Woodshrike, Black-hooded Oriole, Blyth’s Starling and so on. This trip will go past noon and we will be carrying breakfast with us.
We come back to resort for lunch, take rest of 1 hour and then get ready for our Gypsy safari in Dandeli national park. We will be focusing on getting some got shots of Elephants and Indian Gaurs.
We come back to resort at the time of dinner and retire for the day.
Wake up call at 5:30 AM , we will venture out in the forest for another birding trail. Come back at around 10 a.m. have breakfast and checkout by 11:00 a.m.
The tour ends here.
Abloli is a quiet and hithherto unexplored birding destination in chiplun. Nestled in the foothills of western ghats near Chiplun this place is surrounded by thick forests which is home to some of the most amazing birds found in the region.
During the rainy season, team nemophilist particulary focuses on this destination for ODKF and Blue eared kingfisher photography.
Take a walk in the nearby forest and you will be able to track in the Indian pitta by its distinct call, you will be able to see the orange headed thrush foraging in the leaves and the flameback woodpeckers busy looking for insects in the bark of the trees.
Early morning and late evening would be greeted by the calls of the crested serpent eagle and the crest hawk eagle. Thrushs and bablers abound in this region.
If you hear the heavy flapping of wings that would be the grey headed hornbills looking for fruits in the trees.
Nemophilist organizes a photography and birding workshop in this amazing place to teach the young and aspiring birders and photographs on how to identify the bird calls, how to identify birds, how to photograph them the given light conditions and how to ensure that we preserve this habibat.
Come join us for a wonderful experience in the konkan region.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Abloli
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner for all the days while on tour
- Transport while on tour in Abloli to go to nearby places for birding
- Setup fees
- Guide charges
- Camera charges if applicable.
- Guidance during the photography sessions
- Travel cost from your starting place till Abloli and back.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, water bottles, cold drinks etc.
- Gratuity/tips to guides/drivers.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions.
Please Note: Consuming and carrying alcoholic beverages on any of our tours is strictly prohibited.
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna of the forest.
- Approaching wildlife in the field.
- Identification of different mammals and birds
- Pugmark study and bird calls study.
- Exposure control while taking photographs.
- Framing and composition
- Living close to nature Amazing memories Desire to explore other places
- Please Note: During camp strictly follow the instructions of the camp leader,guide and the organizing staff.
- Clothing related items:-Light colored clothes (preferably t-shirts, pants, track suits, salwar kameez etc),cap, scarf, handkerchiefs, socks, towel, bedhsheet. For rainy weather please carry umbrella and rain coat or rain cover.
- Medical related items:- Band-Aid strips, washing and bathing soap, personal medicines prescribed by doctors.
- Personal Hygiene:-Toothbrush, toothpaste, toiletories, hair cream, comb, napkins.
- Others:-Torch (with extra pair of batteries), water bottle, sun glasses, camera.